2018-2019 Registration for West Melbourne Basketball has closed.
|West Melbourne Basketball offers two levels of competition for some of age groups, if there are enough players to support at least four teams at each level. A summary of the differences between the two levels is shown below. Please see the game rules for the exact differences.
- Minimum play time based on substitution schedule (please see the game rules for details)
- Full court pressing allowed only at specified times
- For 7/8 year olds, 8.5’ rims used for games
- Players registered at the Recreation level will not be drafted in the Competitve level draft without prior permission of the parents.
- Best suited for experienced players
- Competitive league players will be selected in a draft of the top players (must have enough competitive players for at least 4 teams) in each competitive age bracket
- Players not selected by the Competitive draft will be moved to the Recreation draft
- In general, follows Florida High School basketball rules
- Free substitutions throughout entire game
- No minimum play time rule for any player in Competitive Levels. Playing time is at the discretion of the team coaches.
- Full court pressing allowed at any time